Democracy Now! (9 am), for January 17, 2008 - 9:00am
Download this clip (mp3, 10.29 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
Showdown in Nevada: Unions Face Off Over Casino Caucus Sites.
Unemployment, Foreclosure, Deunionization: A Look at the State of the Economy and Organized Labor in Michigan.
Report: Subprime Mortgage Crisis Causing African Americans to Experience Greatest Loss of Wealth in Modern U.S. History.
Romney's Bain Capital Profited Through Offshore Tax Havens, Closing U.S. Factories, Laying Off Workers.
* U.S. Bombings in Iraq Increased Fivefold in 2007
* Justice Dept. Warns of No Charges in Blackwater Killing of Iraqis
* RTI, Unity Resources Sued for Fatal Shooting of Iraqi Civilian
* 3 Palestinian Civilians Killed in Ongoing Israeli Airstrikes
* Kenyan Police Fire on Protesters
* Czech Republic: Deal Close on U.S. Missile Shield
* Anti-Whaling Activists Captured, Held on Japanese Ship
* Admin Exempts Navy from Sonar Ban
* Obama Appears to Laud Reagan for Confronting 1960-70s “Excesses”
* Admin: Emails May Be Lost to “Recycled” Tapes
* Virginia Measure Would OK Firings of Non-English Speaking Workers
* U.S. Abortions at Thirty-Year Low
* Emergency Heating Funds Cover Just 16% of Eligible Homes
* Anti-Fascist Commander Milton Wolff Dies at 92