Democracy Now! (9 am), for July 22, 2010 - 9:00am
Download this clip (mp3, 10.28 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
Jesse Jackson Calls Shirley Sherrod a "True Freedom Fighter" Who Fought Back Against "Attempted Character Assassination"; Nevada Leads Nation in Unemployment, Foreclosures, Bankruptcies; Reid Leads in Nevada Senate Race After Series of Controversial Statements by GOP Challenger Sharron Angle; "Neither the Destruction of the Ninth Ward Nor the South Bronx Was Inevitable"–Majora Carter on the Struggle for Environmental Justice.
* Ousted USDA Official Offered New Job in Agency
* No Charges to be Filed in US Attorneys Scandal
* UK Deputy PM Describes Iraq Invasion as "Illegal"
* Ex-Guantánamo Prisoner Missing After Forced Repatriation
* Obama Signs Financial Reform Bill
* Record Foreclosures Expected in 2010 Despite Federal Efforts
* London Officer Involved in Death of Man at G20 Escapes Charges
* Israeli Court Ruling in "Rape by Deception" Case Stirs Controversy
* Head of CIA Drone Program in Pakistan Promoted
* House Passes Tribal Law and Order Act
* Anti-Mountaintop Removal Candidate Enters Race for Byrd’s Senate Seat
* Rage Against the Machine Urges Boycott of Arizona