Democracy Now! (9 am), for April 19, 2011 - 9:00am
Download this clip (mp3, 10.27 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
Syria Lifts Emergency Law as Protesters Come Under Fire in Syrian City of Homs; Former Libyan Diplomat on His Defection and Call for Intensification of NATO Operations; Phyllis Bennis: U.K. Sends Troops into Libya as International Coalition Expands Mission to Include Regime Change; As Radiation Continues to Leak from Japan Nuke Plant, Owners of Vermont Yankee Plant Sue to Stay Open.
* E.U. Considers Sending Ground Troops into Libya
* Tear Gas Grenades Thrown into Home of Bahraini Activist
* Exposed: Link Between British Oil Firms and Invasion of Iraq
* WikiLeaks: U.S. Tried to Stymie U.N. Probe of Israeli War Crimes in Gaza
* Michigan City Takeover Plan Criticized as Attack on Democracy
* U.S. Firms Shipped Millions of Jobs Overseas in 2000s
* Income for Nation’s Wealthy Soars as Tax Rate Falls
* Ex-General Linked to Abu Ghraib Abuses Considers Senate Run
* 21 Arrested at Interior Department Sit-In
* Obama to Climate Activists: "Push the Envelope"
* Obama Admin & Power Companies Aim to Block Global Warming Lawsuit