KPFA Special Broadcast, for July 19, 2011 - 7:00pm
Download this clip (mp3, 10.28 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
Tonight's program remembers the Sandinista revolution of 1979 in Nicaragua and includes:
- News Headline's from the Americas by Carmen Andrea Rivera and read by Langston Blues.
- Julieta Kusnir interviews Victor Martinez about the upcoming Bay Area visit of the infamous Chilean torture ship the Esmeralda. Now to be hailed innocently as a tourist attraction at Pier 29 in San Francisco.
- Alfonso Maciel speaks with Nina Serrano about the role of artists while he was director the Mission Cultural Center and the July 19th-1979 triumph of the Nicaraguan Sandinista revolution.
- Nina Serrano reads her poem: The Story of the Mission Cultural Center.
- Jason Wallach interviews Salvadoran musician Lolo Cutumay and samples his music before his concert this Saturday at the Mission Cultural Center.
- Esther Manila presents a calendar of cultural events.
- Ticket giveaway for Los Pleneros on Saturday, July 23rd at the Brava Theatre in San Francisco.