The Morning Mix, for September 20, 2011 - 8:00am
This KPFA audio archive is no longer available. For more information on KPFA's archiving policy go here: Learn More.
More from this show: About the Show | Archives of this Show | Playlists from this Show
Morning Mix with Davey D, 9/20/11 Summary
1. News Headlines (read by Aileen Alfandary, KPFA News Department co-Director)
2. (circa 7:15) Chairman Fred Hampton, Jr. message of solidarity from the Prisoners of Conscience Committee. A sampling of “I Am Troy Davis” supporters’ voice messages.
3. (circa 10:09) Davey D speaks with Kalonji Jama Changa (FTP Movement) and Brother Tenisio a.k.a. DJ 4th Wurld (WRFG, Atlanta, Pacifica affiliate) on the international efforts for clemency, denied by Georgia's Board of Pardons and Paroles, on behalf of Troy Davis, facing execution on 9/21/11 within Georgia’s death-row, despite serious doubts surrounding Davis’ conviction and upwards of a million signatories in defence of Davis, including former President Jimmy Carter, Desmond Tutu, Rev. Al Sharpton, Pope Benedict XVI, William Sessions (former FBI Chief and federal district judge), NAACP, Amnesty International, ACLU, and many others.
4. (circa 31:52) Music break: Jasiri X – “I Am Troy Davis (T.R.O.Y.)” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WZUhITejfI )
5. (circa 35:40) Davey D speaks with Alexa O’Brien (U.S. Day of Rage) on the ongoing Occupy Wall Street action begun on 9/17/11 in response to the “economic terrorism” and general class-warfare facing the U.S. people. Alexa O’Brien provides incisive, informative, and radical analysis and suggestions for interested listeners, including daring to critique the corrupt “two-party dictatorship,” as Ralph Nader has recently referred to our corporate-driven electoral system, and the increasingly “totalitarian” nature of our state-repressed capacity for popular dissent. Through direct action and popular horizontal general assemblies, people in New York City are taking a cue from Egypt’s Tahrir Square and inspiring the U.S. people to take their destiny into their own hands toward socioeconomic justice. Also see: http://usdayofrage.org/ ; https://occupywallst.org/ for more information.
6. (47:32) Music break: Rebel Diaz – “A Trillion” (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QQbRXaGsjM )
7. Georgia District Attorney’s Office phone number is given (per listener requests) as 912.652-7308 for others interested in communicating their concerns regarding the case of Troy Davis.
8. (circa 50:20) Davey D opens up the KPFA Free-Speech Radio phone lines to inspired listeners, including calls for a responsive and activist-orientated KPFA.
This is another case of legalize linching of a black man.
(64K stereo mp3)
KPFA 94.1 FM (24k mp3)
KPFB 89.3 FM (16k mp3)
Comcast Digital Cable 967
iPhone: Public Radio App
Android: TuneIn Radio App
WebOS: Public Radio App
KPFA Live Stream Channel
Click Here For Help Listening