The Sunday Show with Philip Maldari, for October 2, 2011 - 9:00am
More from this show: About the Show | Archives of this Show | Playlists from this Show
Some Reasons to Dump and Primary President Obama!
1. Failure to re-regulate the Banking System. And for not allowing the insolvent banks, including but not limited to JP Morgan, to be put through bankruptcy! The bankruptcy would wipe out the US Banks' portion of 1.5 Quadrillion in derivative (assets) debts these zombie banks have on/off the their balance sheets. We must "HIT The Reset Button" or there can never be a recovery!
2. Shepherding through the greatest transfer of wealth in human history from the US Taxpayer/Treasury to private US and European banks and Corporations. Literally pouring trillions of dollars of our money into to a derivative "black hole"!
3. Playing six dimensional chess instead of fixing real problems all while enjoying a congressional super majority. President Obama used this Congressional Super Majority to provide phony health care reform. Medicare funds will actually be diverted to private for profit health care corporations. In the game of Dominoes, this is called getting "pencil whipped" by the guy keeping score - you count 10 and he adds it to his tally count. The slam dunk answer was to open up Medicare for everyone. Make every tax payer pay into the Medicare System through Payroll deductions, capital gains or any actual income reported to the IRS. The proportion could be 0.5-1% going into the Medicare fund - crisis solved
4. President Obama keeps attacking Social Security. In his deal with Republicans last December he got included a 2% FICA reduction for workers to help "stimulate the economy". This started the bleeding of the Social Security Trust Fund. President Obama did this on his own, because we know that Republicans could never successfully put this forward. President Obama now says that he wants to keep the FICA reduction in place for workers, but also expand it to employers - textbook case of a slippery slope. Al Gore had it right on this point - "put Social Security into a Lock-box". I would also add that we should take Social Security out of the Budget. It wasn't part of the budget before Ronald Reagan put it there to balance “his budget”!
5. Deporting 1 million and counting undocumented persons - mostly Mexican Nationals, but any and all undocumented non-whites are targets. The obvious suffering and household damage inflicted on these families is inhumane in the extreme!
6. Millions of American families have lost their homes in bank forecloses. President Obama has deliberately chosen not to protect these victims of well documented fraudulently induced sub-prime and adjustable rate mortgages.
7. There have been no prosecutions for the massive and systemic banking frauds. President Obama is actually trying to negotiate a deal to allow the bankers to pay a fine for all of their past crimes related to the housing meltdown. And no individuals will be prosecuted!
8. There have been no prosecutions for the human rights violations and war crimes of the Bush Jr Administration.
9. President Obama used the United Nations to launch a war of aggression against Libya, but then said he/we were not in a war. War is what makes killing legal - so taken at his word he has committed mass murder in Libya. Sketchy counts put the number of Libyans killed at around 30,000 and rising.
10. President Obama was told that his initial stimulus package was too small. This recovery method is now being discredited by the right wings of the Democrats and Republicans. This makes a second stimulus package almost impossible. So, what we see is a shameful national discussion of "Dickensian Austerity" cutting as the only way to resolve our depressed economic situation. We need an FDR approach with 1 trillion dollars at 0% credit from the Federal Reserve Bank off budget. This money goes only for infrastructure building and social services at the state level in the United States. We can buy state bonds with this Federal Reserve credit. The various states will carry out the rebuilding and fully fund social services. This should be done for 5-7 years and we'll have a booming recovery! President Obama is ideologically unwilling or politically unable to execute the necessary recovery process and is therefore unfit to continue being our President.
11. If President Obama wanted to he could have saved Troy Davis. He could have instructed the Justice Department to Federalize the case under some Civil Rights Statute or even a technicality. Once the case had been Federalized, he could simply grant a pardon or order a new trial in the Federal Courts.
12. The perceived mishandling of the BP Oil spill showed where President Obamas' loyalties lay with respect to the environment. Specifically, I mean the use a toxic dispersant over the objection of EPA. The BP Corporation is back asking for more drilling rights in the Gulf of Mexico. BP should have received the the equivalent of the “Corporate Death Penalty” and therefore not be allowed to do business in the United States ever again. The “upgrade/extension” of the Keystone Pipeline aka Keystone XL has already been approved by Hillary Clinton and the US State Department. President Obama will wait until he thinks the country is distracted by one of his phony budget fights or debt ceiling, etc and then quietly approve this Keystone XL Pipeline.
13. The most recent claim (there have been others) by President Obama that he ordered the summary execution of a United States Citizen in Yemen takes the US into “dictatorship lite”. Where he (Obama)has the prerogative to order the execution of anyone he so chooses. And as the need arises President Obama or the next tyrant will further shred the US Constitution.
Excellent show! One can see this up close, and being exposed to both sides of the issue, I've seen the high marketing these oil guys do! They do it with strangers who travel through in trains. The geology in the Canadian praries is fascinating, the Native Canadian knowledge about it is rich. Digging into these old precious and complex land could have devastating affect. As one Native Canadian noted, "They are going to dig up some dormant ancient spirits, and it is going to scare them!" Much like that spirit from the ancient relics in the Exorcist. Thanks for teaching me about the science behind Tar Sands and the extraction process used by these oil companies. I saw how much land was being considered for digging...and it is huge (and extremely precious). I thought Canada was ahead of the US in Green technology. Could anyone talk about "policy, public opinion, politics and power" on this Green issues around the world? Developing countries are falling for this crap! I've love to live in Toronto, research these issues and write about it..or someone else can!
thanks for another good show.
i'm an old native and i bet our grandchildren will be grateful for this state's housing collapse, saving the precious farmland from being completely 'subdivisioned'!
greedy development speculators and local governments in and around the valleys were in a feeding frenzy, it was sickening to witness.
i consider this a positive outcome.
(64K stereo mp3)
KPFA 94.1 FM (24k mp3)
KPFB 89.3 FM (16k mp3)
Comcast Digital Cable 967
iPhone: Public Radio App
Android: TuneIn Radio App
WebOS: Public Radio App
KPFA Live Stream Channel
Click Here For Help Listening