Democracy Now! (9 am), for December 6, 2011 - 9:00am
Download this clip (mp3, 10.28 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
At Durban Summit, Leading African Activist Calls U.S. Emissions Stance "A Death Sentence for Africa"; Indigenous Activists From Canada Protest Tar Sands Oil at Durban Climate Change Summit; U.S. Focus on China, India Emissions Burdens World’s Poor, Skirts Own Responsibility–Praful Bidwai; Labor Leaders Call for Review of Decision to Host 2013 U.N. Climate Talks in Qatar.
• 50 Killed in Afghan Bombing Targeting Shia Worshippers
• Pakistan Boycotts Summit on Afghanistan in Germany
• France, Germany Call for Altering E.U. Treaty in Response to Debt Crisis
• Senate Dems Press New Vote on Payroll Tax Cut
• Activists Begin "Take Back the Capitol" Week in D.C.
• Occupy Arrests Continue Nationwide
• Hundreds Arrested Protesting Russian Elections
• Japanese Nuclear Plant Releases More Radioactive Water
• Report: Massey Faces Record Fine for West Virginia Mine Explosion
• 2011 Right Livelihood Recipients Honored in Stockholm