The Pacifica Evening News, Weekdays, for November 7, 2003 - 6:00pm
Download this clip (mp3, 10.28 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
- Another U.S. Helicopter goes down in Iraq, killing 6. 2 more soldiers are killed in seperate attacks, bringing the U.S. death toll to 32 for the week, the highest since May.
- A setback for the Bush Administrations Iraq Policy, as Turkey's planned commitment of troups is scrapped.
- Sharp Arab reaction to Bush's call for Democracy throughout the Middle East.
- The Nation's Unemployment rate dips, but many of the new jobs are in low-paying or part time positions.
- A union call to boycott Safeway, which owns supermarkets in Southern California where unions have been on strike for a month.
- A thousand people at a conference in Madison Wisconsin to launch a media reform movement.