The Pacifica Evening News, Weekdays, for November 10, 2003 - 6:00pm
Download this clip (mp3, 10.28 megabytes)
Play this clip in your Computer's media player
- The U.S. Supreme Court says it will decide whether foreign nationals can use U.S. courts to challenge their indefinite incarceration at the U.S. military base in Guantanamo Bay Cuba.
- Saudi Arabia's King Faad vows to strike with an iron fist against those behind the bombing that killed at least 18 people in the capitol this weekend.
- A historic meeting at the Pentagon between defense secretary Donald Rumsfeld and his counterpart in the Vietnamese government, the first such meeting since the Vietname War.
- A lawsuit is filed to stop the new California law granting drivers licenses to undocumented immigrants.
- The Morant Corporation withdraws its application to more that double the size of its Potrero Power Plant.
- After coming under criticism for liberal bias, The Public Broadcasting System announces its hiring a conservative commentator to host a weekly public affairs show