Full Circle, for April 26, 2013 - 7:00pm
This KPFA audio archive is no longer available. For more information on KPFA's archiving policy go here: Learn More.
More from this show: About the Show | Archives of this Show | Playlists from this Show
It is really nice to hear you all, Brenda re-included as a member of group. Yjis is Angelina from Chicago. I loved Neal's poem, the whole relaxed spirit of the program, the discussions, and the recognition given to the many volunteers who make the unbearable more bearable. The link between prisons and homelessness was, in my view, one of the best things in the program..I would have liked, though, to hear more about the very real police harassment that homeless people have to face day by day, (which became very visible in Occupy) and also about the links between foreclosures and homelessness.
Thank you Angelina, it's my Graduation Show, thank you again for the good comments.
I am sure there is relation between too many factor for the people to be a homeless and suffer.
- Foreclosures: lost your home.
- Prison: from inmate to be a homeless.
- Veterans: with uniform and base to be homeless.
- Hurricane: example Sandy or Catherina.
- Mental health: special solder or people don't have family.
- Faster home kids: when they are 18 years old, they are no more faster kids.
- Drug and alcohol: People getting addicted to alcohol specially youth and the effect of drugs.
And there are others echoes let people to be on the street as a homeless, that let those to be more sick and having more diseases in their life day after day.
(64K stereo mp3)
KPFA 94.1 FM (24k mp3)
KPFB 89.3 FM (16k mp3)
iPhone: Public Radio App
Android: TuneIn Radio App
WebOS: Public Radio App
KPFA Video Stream Channel
Click Here For Help Listening